TTT Studios is a digital innovation studio working for a global client list in multiple industries. Over the past decade, we have built multiple applications and patented a portfolio of technologies. This experience puts us in the best position to cater to larger accounts and launch our own products. As a company, our culture is extremely important to us, and we foster a very open, and welcoming environment for our team.
We are a family. We have fun. A good design means everything to us and we use our technical expertise to bring our clients’ vision to the life. We expect amazing things from every TTT family member and we drive each other to achieve greatness.
About the Role – Senior Backend Engineer, JAVA/Spring Boot
We are looking for a talented and experienced JAVA backend engineer who is meticulous with designing and then developing APIs and server platforms for TTT Studios’ client projects. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of best practices when it comes to database models and secured web services. Knowledge and experience of AWS serverless (Lambda, ECS, etc.) practices will be an asset.
- Expertise in JAVA and Spring MVC framework
- Design and implement low-latency, high availability and high performing applications.
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Work closely with the other members of the engineering team.
- Documenting architecture and technical specs for a backend application.
- Directly conversing with clients and stakeholders
- You’re not afraid to ask questions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of proven software development experience in JAVA with a solid understanding of J2EE technologies
- In depth understanding of SOAP web services, REST APIs, OOP, MVC, micro services architecture and related best practices.
- 3+ years of experience of developing web applications using Spring framework.
- A good understanding of SQL, data model designing, optimizing queries and caching
- 3+ years of experience using ORM framework preferably Hibernate
- Hands on knowledge of unit testing using Junits and Mocking framework.
- Experience writing technical documentation and software architecture.
- Experience with deploying applications with cloud services, preferably AWS.
- Nice to have : Experience with AWS serverless e.g. Lambda and/or ECS(Fargate)
- Nice to have: Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Complete this application and include your CV. Please provide a cover letter and references.
- If your profile matches what we are looking for, we’ll contact a you and setup a short call.
- After the initial phone screening , we will setup an interview at our offices or via video conference. We’ll talk about your experience, what do you think about patterns, architecture, and some common situations while developing an app.
- We will send you a coding challenge! You will be working on solving a specific task regarding APIs and backend service.
- After we receive the code challenge solution, we’ll come to a decision.
A Day at TTT Studios
The work culture at TTT is second to none. On arrival, head to the kitchen for your daily caffeine fix before joining the team in our open-plan office space. Once you’ve settled in, our engineering team will onboard you with our development processes and technical standards. Equipped with the tools you need, get ready to jump into action. Working from home is always an option.
Our clients operate across a wide range of industries that span from tourism to communications. For every project you take on, you’ll encounter intellectually stimulating and impactful technical challenges that keep you on your toes. For an idea of some of the projects we’ve taken on in the past, check out our case studies here.
As you work, keep your eyes peeled for our office dogs who will trot by and welcome you to the TTT family. To help combat work stress, our perks include work flexibility, monthly happy hours, weekly lunch & learns, yoga lessons twice a week, and a cozy massage chair overlooking Vancouver’s scenic waterfront. The team at TTT is passionate about creating software that impacts lives, and management does everything it can to plant the seeds that will propel you to greater heights.
More About Us
TTT Studios is an award winning digital innovation studio focused on empowering businesses through technology. We’re ranked #1 in Canada for custom software and mobile application development. Our values are integrity, passion and excellence. We’re obsessed with delivering quality work, which is why our team consists of designers and engineers of the highest calibre. We also strongly believe in empowering the community by being heavily involved in local and international events as speakers, educators, and sponsors. Whether you’re a developer, designer, management, or co-op student, every single person here contributes to who we are as a company.
If you’d like an insider look at TTT, be sure to check out our Employee Handbook which has been made publicly available for maximum transparency. In it, you’ll find details on company benefits, our vacation policy, code of conduct, and what it means to be part of our team at TTT Studios.