Find your yervana
Two sides to every story
The Yervana app features two main user types, each with their own end goals. Guests are users looking for their next personalized experience, and Hosts are experience providers looking to share, teach or guide guests in their field of interest. Let’s take a closer look at each one.
- Guests can browse and explore the many adventures listed.
- Each adventure has complete details on ratings, reviews, price, meeting places, and other important information.
- Guests can contact the hosts directly on the website or app for easy two way communication.
- Guests can favourite adventures that caught their eye and revisit them at a later date.
- Hosts can organize and keep track of their itinerary to see all their upcoming activities and bookings.
- Hosts can create new activities featuring 3 different states (Published, Drafts, and Unpublished).
- Like guests, the Inbox tab lets hosts communicate with guests.
pen + paper
Our frontend developer and backend developer mapped out all of the screens, and laid out all of the framework necessary for feature development. In a normal process, we would develop the API and test it before we start the front end development. However, because we were developing both the frontend and backend in parallel, we populated the frontend with sample/offline data using Mockaroo which allowed for continuous validation with design.
All the work we did in the previous stages were brought to life in the second phase of development. Our developers wrote and rejected a whole lot of code during this stage. Business logic issues that came up were also addressed at this time. We used Trello, a project management software, to keep track of improvements and issues.
Java using Intellij
AWS Relational Database
(RDS) using MariaDB
Email delivery provider
Mailchimp and Mandrill
Moya and Alamofire
Fabric and Crashlytics
Automation for continuous delivery
We built a fully functional website and mobile app for Yervana on time and on budget.
The Yervana website has won a W3 award in two categories: UX Design for Websites & Tourism for Websites