TTT Studios is a digital innovation studio with a global clientele spanning multiple industries. Over the past ten years, we’ve built 150+ applications and have patented a portfolio of technologies. This experience puts us in a strong position to cater to larger accounts and to launch our own products.
We are a family. We have fun. Design means everything to us and we have the technical chops to deliver what lesser programmers might describe as spooky magic. We expect amazing things from every TTT family member and we drive each other to achieve greatness.
About the Role – Technical Application Support Lead
We’re looking for someone to work closely with our Director Of Engineering and Director of Project Management to help create and grow our new Application Support department.
The goal of this new department is to help transition our clients from the project completion stage to ongoing support for their applications. In this role, you’ll manage the enhancement of our clients’ systems to address their evolving business needs while helping to keep those systems available, secure, and performant on a continuous basis. You’ll be in the middle of the action, managing and solving technical and business challenges with cross-disciplinary teams from design, mobile development, web development, QA, and business development. You’ll also be our point person for handling client interactions regarding their needs for ongoing support.
The role will involve:
- Growing, leading, and managing TTT’s Application Support team.
- Communicating with and managing TTT’s support clients.
- Establishing, measuring, and reporting on the health, quality, and performance of TTT’s support accounts on a regular basis.
- Recording and managing client requests, troubleshooting those requests, and working with the rest of your TTT colleagues to resolve those requests quickly and smoothly.
- Creating and managing client support processes.
- Participating in architecture design conversations for new and existing projects.
- Helping to hire new team members.
- You have a solid technical background and you’re interested in growing your abilities as a client-facing, technical manager.
- You enjoy communicating with clients—you communicate clearly and effectively whether you’re presenting a demo to business managers, discussing technical issues with the client’s tech team on Zoom, or documenting your findings after troubleshooting a software issue.
- You can explain complex technical issues in a way that’s easy for non-technical people to understand.
- You know how to balance working in a team environment vs being a self-starter, you’re process oriented, and you like to nerd out a little bit on the details when writing technical documentation.
- You have experience building consensus by seeking out input from your team, management, and clients before taking action on important issues.
- You value quality, you’re familiar with QA processes, and you’re comfortable writing unit, integration, and automated tests.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ year of experience managing teams.
- 1+ year of experience working directly with clients or other primary project stakeholders in a B2B setting.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working in a team-based, professional capacity with some of the following technologies (we don’t expect you to be proficient in everything listed here):
- Web / frontend: React, Vue
- Backend: PHP / Laravel
- Mobile development: React Native, native iOS and / or Android development
- Server-side: Amazon AWS
- Analytics / monitoring: Firebase, New Relic
- Solid understanding of the typical stages of software development and deployment.
- Experience managing work using the Kanban methodology.
- Strong willingness to learn and to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Complete this application and include your CV and cover letter.
- If your profile matches what we’re looking for, we’ll contact you and schedule a short phone call.
- If the first call goes well, we’ll schedule a more in-depth call with you, our Director of Engineering, and our Director of Project Management.
- After the interview, we’ll come to a decision.
Although we support remote work (especially now due to the pandemic), we’re only considering candidates based in the Vancouver area for this opportunity.
A Day at TTT Studios
Even during COVID, our (remote) work culture is second to none. Before your first day on the job, we’ll reach out with details about how we’re addressing the pandemic and what we do to stay connected with each other. On your first day, you’ll be introduced to the whole team and we’ll walk you through our on-boarding process to get you set up with the tools we use company-wide. Once you’re settled in, our engineering team will get you up to speed with our development processes and technical standards, and our PMs and Business Managers will walk you through our project pipeline and roster of current support clients. Equipped with the resources and support you need, you’ll be ready to jump into action.
Our clients operate across a wide range of industries that span professional services, startups, tourism, logistics, e-commerce, and more. For every project you take on, you’ll encounter intellectually stimulating and impactful technical challenges that will keep you on your toes. Check out some our past work here.
If you choose to work in the office, keep your eyes peeled for our office dogs who will welcome you to the TTT family. Some of our other perks include work flexibility, monthly happy hours, weekly lunch & learns, yoga and boxing lessons (once more of us are back in the office), and a cozy massage chair overlooking Vancouver’s scenic waterfront. The team at TTT is passionate about creating software that impacts lives. By working together, we do everything we can to plant the seeds that will propel you to greater heights.
More from Us
TTT Studios is an award winning digital innovation studio focused on empowering businesses through technology. We’re ranked #1 in Canada for custom software and mobile application development. Our values are integrity, passion and excellence. We’re obsessed with delivering quality work, which is why our team consists of designers and engineers of the highest calibre. We also strongly believe in empowering the community by being heavily involved in local and international events as speakers, educators, and sponsors. Whether you’re a developer, designer, management, or co-op student, every single person here contributes to who we are as a company.