About the Role – UX/UI Designer
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI designer to join our team. You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our internal, clients products and partner projects. You will translate users needs and business requirements into simple, understandable solutions through research, ideation, prototyping, testing, wire-framing and UI implementation. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a robust UX process, have an eye for artful design and possess superior UI skills. This role will work closely with the rest of the Design team, Account Managers, Project Managers and Developers to assist in building intuitive and accessible products.
- Create delightful and intuitive products holding the user at the centre of the experience
- Collaborate with other members of the design team on UX/UI solutions
- Help assess & develop our internal design processes
- Lead a project either solely or collaborating with design team colleagues
- Design and execute UX Research, not limited to but including usability testing
- Prepare user stories, product architecture, sketches, wireframes, and prototype
- Create design deliverables including production-ready assets, specs, style guides for iOS, Android, and responsive web
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure signed off UI design is implemented successfully
- Participate in Design Thinking sessions with our clients to help understand business goals and validate ideas
- Present design decisions clearly to team and clients
- Help collaborate and mentor Junior colleagues
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX/UI designer
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of user-centric design
- UX expertise, specifically in the implementation of user testing and research throughout the design process
- Proficient with industry standard software such as Sketch, Figma, Invision or Adobe Suite
- Ability to appreciate feedback and seek continuous design improvement
- Be an advocate of design thinking practices
- Up-to-date knowledge of best UX practices, trends and technologies
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Creative, analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Critical, thinker, Problem solver and user/customer-centered
- Agency experience
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Interaction design experience
- If your application is selected, you will be advanced to the initial round of phone screening, then a zoom interview with the Design Team
- Please include a link to your digital portfolio
A Day at TTT Studios
The work culture at TTT is second to none. On arrival, head to the kitchen for your daily caffeine fix before joining the team in our open-plan office space. Once you’ve settled in, our engineering team will onboard you with our development processes and technical standards. Equipped with the tools you need, get ready to jump into action.
Our clients operate across a wide range of industries that span from tourism to communications. For every project you take on, you’ll encounter intellectually stimulating and impactful technical challenges that keep you on your toes. For an idea of some of the projects we’ve taken on in the past, check out our case studies here.
As you work, keep your eyes peeled for our office dogs who will trot by and welcome you to the TTT family. To help combat work stress, our perks include work flexibility, monthly happy hours, weekly lunch & learns, yoga lessons twice a week, and a cozy massage chair overlooking Vancouver’s scenic waterfront. The team at TTT is passionate about creating software that impacts lives, and management does everything it can to plant the seeds that will propel you to greater heights.
More from Us
TTT Studios is an award-winning digital innovation studio focused on empowering businesses through technology. We’re ranked #1 in Canada for custom software and mobile application development. Our values are integrity, passion and excellence. We’re obsessed with delivering quality work, which is why our team consists of designers and engineers of the highest calibre. We also strongly believe in empowering the community by being heavily involved in local and international events as speakers, educators, and sponsors. Whether you’re a developer, designer, management, or co-op student, every single person here contributes to who we are as a company.
If you’d like an insider look at TTT, be sure to check out our Employee Handbook, which has been made publicly available for maximum transparency. In it, you’ll find details on company benefits, our vacation policy, code of conduct, and what it means to be part of our team at TTT Studios.