TTT Studios is a digital innovation studio working for a global client list in multiple industries. Over the past eight years, we have built multiple applications and patented a portfolio of technologies. This experience puts us in a strong position to cater to larger accounts and launch our own products.
We are a family. We have fun. Design means everything to us and we have the technical chops to deliver what lesser programmers might describe as spooky magic. We expect amazing things from every TTT family member and drive each other to achieve greatness.
Role Summary – Big Data Engineer (Contractor)
We are looking for a talented and experienced big data engineer who is meticulous with designing and then developing data platforms for TTT Studios’ client projects. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of best practices when it comes to building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies.
- Big data platform architecture design.
- Large dataset processing and migration.
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code.
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Work closely with the engineering team.
- Documenting architecture and technical specs for a backend application.
- Directly conversing with clients and stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in big data analytics platform.
- Expertise in Spark, Akka, Kafka/Pulsar, AWS EKS
- Experience in Cassandra database and Snowflake platform.
- Proficient in Scala/Java programming language.
- Experience writing technical documentation and software architecture.
- Understanding of REST APIs, OOP, and related best practices.
- Nice to have: Python, Ruby on Rails
- Nice to have: Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Complete this application and include your resume or CV.
- If your profile matches what we are looking for, we’ll contact a you and setup a short phone call.
- We will also setup an interview at our offices or via Zoom. We’ll talk about your experience, what do you think about patterns, architecture, and some common situations while developing an app.
- We will send you a challenge your way! You will be working with the team solving a specific task regarding an API and a backend service.
- After finishing the code challenge, we’ll come to a decision.
A Day at TTT Studios
The work culture at TTT is second to none. On arrival, head to the kitchen for your daily caffeine fix before joining the team in our open-plan office space. Once you’ve settled in, our engineering team will onboard you with our development processes and technical standards. Equipped with the tools you need, get ready to jump into action. Working from home is always an option.
Our clients operate across a wide range of industries that span from tourism to communications. For every project you take on, you’ll encounter intellectually stimulating and impactful technical challenges that keep you on your toes. For an idea of some of the projects we’ve taken on in the past, check out our case studies here.
As you work, keep your eyes peeled for our office dogs who will trot by and welcome you to the TTT family. To help combat work stress, our perks include work flexibility, monthly happy hours, weekly lunch & learns, yoga lessons twice a week, and a cozy massage chair overlooking Vancouver’s scenic waterfront. The team at TTT is passionate about creating software that impacts lives, and management does everything it can to plant the seeds that will propel you to greater heights.
More from Us
TTT Studios is an award winning digital innovation studio focused on empowering businesses through technology. #1 ranked Canadian custom software and mobile app developer. Our values are integrity, passion and excellence. We’re obsessed with delivering quality work. That’s why our team consists of designers and engineers of the highest calibre. We also strongly believe in empowering the community by being heavily involved in local and international events as speakers, educators, and sponsors. Whether you’re a developer, designer, management or co-op student, every single person here contributes to who we are as a company.