TTT Studios is a digital innovation studio working for a global client list in multiple industries. Over the past decade, we have built multiple applications and patented a portfolio of technologies. This experience puts us in the best position to cater to larger accounts and launch our own products. As a company, our culture is extremely important to us, and we foster a very open, and welcoming environment for our team.
We are a family. We have fun. A good design means everything to us and we use our technical expertise to bring our clients’ vision to the life. We expect amazing things from every TTT family member and we drive each other to achieve greatness.
About the Role – Backend Engineer, Node.js
We are looking for a talented and experienced backend engineer with Node.js/Express.js expertise, who is meticulous with designing and then developing APIs and server platforms for TTT Studios’ client projects. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of best practices when it comes to database models and secured web services.
- Expertise in building server applications with Node.js runtime and Express.js framework
- Design and implement low-latency, high availability and high performing applications.
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Work closely with the other members of engineering team.
- Documenting architecture and technical specs for a backend application.
- Directly conversing with clients and stakeholders
- You’re not afraid to ask questions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of proven software development experience
- 4+ years of experience of developing server side applications with use of Node.js , typescript and express.js framework
- 3+ years of experience using ORM framework
- 2+ years of experience of building, deploying and supporting node.js applications in cloud environment(preferably AWS)
- In depth understanding of REST APIs, OOP, MVC, micro services architecture and related best practices.
- A good understanding of SQL, data model designing, optimizing queries and caching
- Hands on expertise of unit testing using Jest and Mocking frameworks.
- Experience writing technical documentation and software architecture.
- Nice to have: Experience building CI/CD pipeline
- Complete this application and include your CV. Please provide a cover letter and references.
- If your profile matches what we are looking for, we’ll contact a you and setup a short phone call.
- After the initial phone screening , we will setup an interview at our offices or via video conference. We’ll talk about your experience, what do you think about patterns, architecture, and some common situations while developing an app.
- We will send you a coding challenge! You will be working with the team solving a specific task regarding an API and a backend service.
- After we receive the code challenge solution, we’ll come to a decision.
Although we support remote work (especially now due to the pandemic), we’re only considering candidates based in the Vancouver area for this opportunity.
A Day at TTT Studios
Even during COVID, our (remote) work culture is second to none. Before your first day on the job, we’ll reach out with details about how we’re addressing the pandemic and what we do to stay connected with each other. On your first day, you’ll be introduced to the key team members and we’ll walk you through our on-boarding process to get you set up with the tools we use company-wide. Once you’re settled in, our engineering team will get you up to speed with our development processes and technical standards, and our PMs and Business Managers will walk you through our project pipeline and roster of current support clients. Equipped with the resources and support you need, you’ll be ready to jump into action.
Our clients operate across a wide range of industries that span from tourism to communications. For every project you take on, you’ll encounter intellectually stimulating and impactful technical challenges that keep you on your toes. For an idea of some of the projects we’ve taken on in the past, check out our case studies here.
As you work, keep your eyes peeled for our office dogs who will trot by and welcome you to the TTT family. To help combat work stress, our perks include work flexibility, monthly happy hours, weekly lunch & learns, yoga lessons twice a week, and a cozy massage chair overlooking Vancouver’s scenic waterfront. The team at TTT is passionate about creating software that impacts lives, and management does everything it can to plant the seeds that will propel you to greater heights.
More About Us
TTT Studios is an award winning digital innovation studio focused on empowering businesses through technology. We’re ranked #1 in Canada for custom software and mobile application development. Our values are integrity, passion and excellence. We’re obsessed with delivering quality work, which is why our team consists of designers and engineers of the highest calibre. We also strongly believe in empowering the community by being heavily involved in local and international events as speakers, educators, and sponsors. Whether you’re a developer, designer, management, or co-op student, every single person here contributes to who we are as a company.
If you’d like an insider look at TTT, be sure to check out our Employee Handbook which has been made publicly available for maximum transparency. In it, you’ll find details on company benefits, our vacation policy, code of conduct, and what it means to be part of our team at TTT Studios