TTT Studios is a digital innovation studio working for a global client list in multiple industries. Over the past decade, we have built multiple applications and patented a portfolio of technologies. This experience puts us in the best position to cater to larger accounts and launch our own products. As a company, our culture is extremely important to us, and we foster a very open, and welcoming environment for our team.
We are a family. We have fun. A good design means everything to us and we use our technical expertise to bring our clients’ vision to the life. We expect amazing things from every TTT family member and we drive each other to achieve greatness.
About the Role – Backend Engineer, Node.js
We are looking for a talented and experienced backend engineer with Node.js/Express.js expertise, who is meticulous with designing and then developing APIs and server platforms for TTT Studios’ client projects. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of best practices when it comes to database models and secured web services.
- Expertise in building server applications with Node.js runtime and Express.js framework with Typescript usage
- Design and implement low-latency, high availability, and high performing applications.
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Work closely with the other members of the engineering team.
- Documenting architecture and technical specs for a backend application.
- Directly conversing with clients and stakeholders
- You’re not afraid to ask questions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of proven software development experience
- 2+ years of experience developing server-side applications with the use of Node.js, typescript, and express.js framework
- 2+ years of experience using the ORM framework
- 2+ years of experience of building, deploying, and supporting node.js applications in a cloud environment(preferably AWS)
- In-depth understanding of REST APIs, OOP, MVC, microservices architecture, and related best practices.
- A good understanding of SQL, data model designing, optimizing queries, and caching
- Hands-on expertise in unit testing using Jest and Mocking frameworks.
- Experience writing technical documentation and software architecture.
- Nice to have: Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Complete this application and include your CV. Please provide references.
- If your profile matches what we are looking for, we’ll contact you and set up a short video call
- We will set up an interview at our office or via video conference. We’ll talk about your experience, what you think about patterns, architecture, and some everyday situations while developing an app.
- We will send you a coding challenge! You will be working on solving a specific task regarding an API and a backend service.
- After we receive the code challenge solution, we’ll come to a decision.
A Day at TTT Studios
The work culture at TTT is second to none. On arrival, head to the kitchen for your daily caffeine fix before joining the team in our open-plan office space. Once you’ve settled in, our engineering team will onboard you with our development processes and technical standards. Equipped with the tools you need, get ready to jump into action. Working from home is always an option.
Our clients operate across a wide range of industries that span from tourism to communications. For every project you take on, you’ll encounter intellectually stimulating and impactful technical challenges that keep you on your toes. For an idea of some of the projects we’ve taken on in the past, check out our case studies here.
As you work, keep your eyes peeled for our office dogs who will trot by and welcome you to the TTT family. To help combat work stress, our perks include work flexibility, monthly happy hours, weekly lunch & learns, yoga lessons twice a week, and a cozy massage chair overlooking Vancouver’s scenic waterfront. The team at TTT is passionate about creating software that impacts lives, and management does everything it can to plant the seeds that will propel you to greater heights.
More About Us
TTT Studios is an award-winning digital innovation studio focused on empowering businesses through technology. We’re ranked #1 in Canada for custom software and mobile application development. Our values are integrity, passion and excellence. We’re obsessed with delivering quality work, which is why our team consists of designers and engineers of the highest calibre. We also strongly believe in empowering the community by being heavily involved in local and international events as speakers, educators, and sponsors. Whether you’re a developer, designer, management, or co-op student, every single person here contributes to who we are as a company.
If you’d like an insider look at TTT, be sure to check out our Employee Handbook which has been made publicly available for maximum transparency. In it, you’ll find details on company benefits, our vacation policy, code of conduct, and what it means to be part of our team at TTT Studios